Friday, April 22, 2022

What I Play

 

Here I am talking about what it means to immerse yourself in RPGs and yet I haven’t explained the ones I play.

I have played my share of RPGs through the last 5 years but there are some that made an impact on me that I never thought possible. And I’m not talking an entire series, I mean specific games that I can’t stop thinking about them.

Take Your Heart

I became interested in the “Persona” series because of Persona 5 Royal, mostly because I simply gave in to temptation. I wasn’t sure what to expect the moment I started playing it but after the first hour I knew I was in for a wild ride. The villains were unlike anything I’ve seen in other games and the Tokyo setting was breathtaking. The best part were the protagonists The Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a gang of oppressed adolescents who rose from their own hells to seek revenge on a deeply corrupt society.






The Phantom Thieves initially became my favorite game characters of all time with their unique backgrounds and their own story arcs on how they changed after meeting the protagonist Joker. The story and gameplay were masterpieces but engaging with multiple characters who have their own traits to offer was my favorite part of the game. The best part was being in a relationship with best girl Ann Takamaki.

 

 

Glory To Mankind

Nier Automata the very game that set me on the RPG path few years back, there are times that I want to play it one last time.  I couldn’t decide what got me so addicted to it the ruined world, the quests, or the music. It’s more accurate to say that I was more interested in the concept of multiple endings something I haven’t been introduced before that game. I had to play through 4 different routes between three characters to get the true ending.

Each character’s routes had hidden details that weren’t shown in the previous route, details that reveal shocking truths that’ll prove relevant in the next game. Above all every single song I heard kept me going whether it had lyrics or not. Each track pierced my soul in every area I visited and different circumstances I witnessed.



 



 Hey Paimon Wants to be Showcased Too!

 

 


Of course, how can leave the one game I literally can’t take my eyes off. Genshin Impact is basically what all RPG fans are playing to this day. Every day I log in to a constantly changing world with so much to do from daily quest, character stories, and waiting to get my paycheck to pay for primogems. What I mostly do in that game is strengthen my favorite characters to their peak levels.

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure (hoyoverse.com)

It’s too bad that the game isn’t completely finished but the devs make sure that there is plenty content to offer. I’m always playing the newest for the sake of the game’s ongoing story and to keep interacting with the game’s colorful characters.

 

To be continued . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPG Podcast Episode 1: Let Me Introduce Myself...and RPGs

Theo Smith · RPG Podcast Episode 1 This is the first podcast episode of my blog. In this episode I formally introduce myself, explain RPG i...